How to register to vote in India. Voting or election is like a festival of democracy. It not only enables us to choose our representative, which will govern us for five years, but also make us realize the importance of citizenship. Now, it is easy to register a vote in India as the Election Commission offers online voter registration for Indian citizens who have attained the age of 18 years, which is January 1 of the year of revision of electoral rolls.
Some people do not vote and think that a vote will not change. But if we analyse and see things, a vote can make a difference. We have to understand and realise the importance of voting. No doubt, the political foundations of our country have been created using elections. For voting, it is necessary to enter a vote. If you have not registered your vote and do not know that the registration process takes a look at the steps below:
- How to register to vote in India
- नया लैपटॉप खरीदने से पहले इन 6 बातों का रखें ध्यान, फिर कभी परेशान नहीं होंगे
- WhatsApp से सिर्फ एक मैसेज में बुक करें गैस सिलेंडर, जानिए तरीका
- कैसे iCloud तस्वीरें सीधे Google फ़ोटो में ट्रांसफर करें 2021
- LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
- अडानी को 937 करोड़ रुपये का नुकसान हो सकता है, जानिए सबसे बड़ा कारण
- कंगना राणावत को ट्विटर से निलंबित किए जाने के बाद Koo app ने स्वागत किया और कहा आपका घर है
- कार्तिक आर्यन को ‘दोस्ताना 2’ से बाहर करने के बाद करण जौहर को भाई-भतीजावाद में फंसने नहीं देना चाहता।
- भोजपुरी प्रोड्यूसर हैदर काजमी ने लॉन्च किया ओटीटी प्लेटफॉर्म ‘मस्तानी’, कई बड़ी फिल्में होंगी रिलीज
First we will see who is eligible to vote?
- He should be a citizen of India.
- The age of 18 years will be achieved on 1st January i.e. qualifying date of the year of revision of electoral roll.
- India should be enrolled in the electoral roll of the polling area of the Indian constituency where it resides.
Let me tell you that under article 326 of the Constitution of India, the right to vote has been recognized and it has been said that a person cannot be deprived of the right to vote if he meets the requirement of an adult victim, that is, he is above the age of 18.
How to register to vote in India
Step 1: Fill in Form 6
The first step for registration is to fill form 6. That citizen is the electoral registration officer of his constituency/ The Assistant Can apply before the Electoral Registration Officer as prescribed in Form 6.
There are several ways to apply:
The application containing copies of the relevant documents should be applied to the concerned Electoral Registration Officer/Officer of the concerned. The Assistant Electoral Registration can be filed individually before the officer.
- Also, it can be sent to or handed over to the booth level officer of the polling area through posting.
- Online also you can file the application.
- Procedure for applying online:
- Visit the National Voter Service Portal.
- Click on ‘Online Application for New Voter Registration’.
- A new window will open with Form 6.
- Fill in the form and submit.
Step 2: To organize the required documents or documents with Form 6
Form 6. With it requires some basic documents to submit. Also remember that before submitting, documents must be verified or certified.
It is necessary to submit ID proof. such as passports, driving licences, pan cards, student identity cards.
Proof of residence or proof of address is also required to be submitted.
To vote at the address, you have to stay there for six months
Any of this document will serve as proof of address:
- Bank / Bank Farmer / Farmer Current Pass Book of Post Office,
- Ration Magazine,
- Driving license
- Income Tax Assessment Order,
- Latest Rental Agreement,
- The latest telephone for that address/address is not the same. Power / Power Gas Connection / Gas Connection Water bills, either the applicant or his/her/her bill, are not eligible for the bill. In the name of his immediate relationship (parents),
- Any mail/mail given through The Indian Postal Department in the name of the applicant at the address of the ordinary post. Post / Post Letter.
For Age Proof:
- If you are between 18 and 22 years of age, it is necessary to submit age verification. And any government accredited document will work for:
- Birth certificate issued by the municipal authority or district office of the Registrar of Births and Deaths or Baptism Certificates.
- The birth certificate from a government or accredited school has been last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution.
- If he is 10th standard pass, the 10th class marksheet will suffice, but it should have a date of birth as proof.
- The Marksheet of Class 5 or 8 will also work if it has a date of birth.
- PAN Card
- Driving license
- Aadhaar Card issued by UIDAI
Step 3: Submit Form 6
You have to submit your Form 6 to your nearest ERO (Electoral Registration Officer) along with certified documents. After submitting your form, you will get a submission receipt. In about a month or 45 days, it will take time for the office to give your voter ID status. Either you’ll get a call or mail for it. If you don’t get any of it, you can contact the ERO office directly where you have submitted the form with the receipt that you received while submitting.
Even if the election comes and you don’t have your voter ID, you can cast your vote. , your name is mentioned in the electoral roll. All you have to do is carry your driving licence, PAN card, passport, etc. according to your suitability.